Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dress It Up with an Infinity Scarf

The Infinity Scarf (loop scarf) is a unique and trendy way to spice up an outfit. They look great with anything from a simple t-shirt to a sweater to a winter jacket. I've seen Infinity scarves in cotton voile (a very soft, lightweight fabric) to knits to rayon and in any pattern and color under the sun.

Years ago, an old roommate made an Infinity scarf for me as a holiday gift. It was a long piece of fabric sewn once to connect the ends. Although cute, I spend lots of time adjusting it to hide the rougher edges and seems.

Recently, I learned how to sew Infinity scarves in a tube, so that no seems show through. I'm giving them as holiday gifts to girlfriends, customizing the patterns for their personalities. The scarves turned out so well, I want to start selling them. Stay tuned!

Here is a picture of one of the scarves. Wouldn't this be great with a brown leather coat?

Infinity Scarf



No comments:

Post a Comment